Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

San Xavier Mission

We were ever so privileged to have enough time on one of our days here in Arizona and visit the San Xavier Mission. It was a beautiful building, and a great opportunity for good pictures. I'll share some with you.

Also, being here was quite an interesting experience. Apparently the Catholics had/have a book of Judith in their Bible. One lady looked at it, and looked up really confused. She then got my attention and asked me, "Is there a book of Judith in the Bible?" I said, "No." And she said, "I didn't think there was one in my bible back at home." :) Then she turned to me a minute later and said, "Are you Quaker?" :) I laugh now! No, we're not Quaker!

The outer part, obviously!
Soft light... ♥
I loved these windows! They are SO neat!
This was taken above the Mission. They had a little hill that you could walk up that overlooked the mission. They had their lions up there. They looked very picturesque. :) Notice the stormy looking sky in the background.
Steps :)


Outer walls


Interesting colors...

The ceiling of the building. So many paintings and such

Do you have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what neat pictures Emily! That looks like a neat place. Those kind of places {I'm not sure if I've ever been to one, but you know what I mean! ;)} are very interesting. I'm sure there is a lot of history that goes along with it. All of the photos are beautiful! I especially like the soft-light picture {it looks like a painting!}, stairway pictures, and the one with the lions, and the beautiful low-hanging, dark clouds! Very pretty!!!

    And, I didn't know the Catholics had a book of Judith! That's pretty funny. Quakers? ;)

    I hope you're having a great day!

    Love & Blessings,
    Martha Joy

    ReplyDelete